IESANZ public policy efforts involve uniting the voices of lighting professionals to contribute to practical energy policies in Australia and New Zealand.
The work of the Society is in accordance with an internationally recognised definition of Sustainable Lighting Design: Sustainable lighting design meets the qualitative needs of the visual environment with the least impact on the natural environment.
Lighting Professionals in Australia and New Zealand are at the forefront of knowledge for all lighting issues related to Public Amenity, Lighting Education, Health, Safety, Sustainability and Technology.
- The Society's Advocacy efforts include the following;
- Development and implementation of the Society’s strategic advocacy campaigns
- Preparation of policies designed to effect change by state and local policymakers
- Cultivation of relationships with key policymakers
- Engagement other local lighting bodies in the process to engender strength through unity
- Preparation of effective policy and advocacy materials
- Tracking and analysing legislation, and regulatory and administrative proposals before state and local bodies
- Speaking at public forums, conferences and meetings, as well as to print journalists and broadcast media
- Building coalitions to further the Society’s public policy agenda
- Developing advocacy work plans and supervise volunteers
- Identifying funding sources and writing funding proposals in collaboration with the Board
- Working with the CMCs to advance nationwide public policy campaigns.