The Illuminating Engineering Society of Australia and New Zealand has a long history. The Society was established in 1930 during the Great Depression, a very difficult period in Australia and throughout the world.

Scanned documents include:

 

History of the National Council 1946 - 1976 by E L Freedman

Document size: 602 KB  (PDF Format)

Certificate issued to M G Adams

in recognition of his presence at the inaugural meeting of the Society held on 13 October 1930 and for Mr Adam’s distinguished service to the Society (Certificate issued 10 November, 1955)

The original membership certificate

Issued to M G Adams,
Dated 13 October 1930.

 

 

Certificate of Incorporation

Of the Illuminating Engineering Society of Australia in NSW
Dated 9 March, 1934

Membership Certificate

Issued to Frank Brown
Dated 8 December, 1931

Change of Name to IES 1993