Tuesday, Apr 14, 2015
Join the IDA April 13 - 19 for seven days of celebration, learning and action! International Dark Sky Week draws attention to the problems associated with light pollution and promotes simple solutions available to mitigate it.
Dark Sky Week Goals
- Inspire people to celebrate the beauty of the night sky
- Raise awareness about the negative effects of light pollution
- Embolden folks to Take Action!
- Day 1 (Monday, 4/13) – Why Light Pollution Matters. Get a basic overview of light pollution including what it is and how it happens.
- Day 2 (Tuesday, 4/14) – Environmental Harms. See how light pollution puts animals and entire ecosystems at risk.
- Day 3 (Wednesday, 4/15) – Ill Health. Learn how light at night can be dangerous to human health.
- Day 4 (Thursday, 4/16) – Energy Waste. Find out how light pollution squanders energy and money and contributes to climate change.
- Day 5 (Friday, 4/17) – Safety & Crime. Learn why more and brighter lights can actually make us less safe.
- Day 6 (Saturday, 4/18) – Stars are Our Heritage. Discover why the night sky is important for humanity.
- Day 7 (Sunday, 4/19) – Take Action! Find out how you can simply and quickly make a difference.
More information at: http://www.darksky.org/int-l-dark-sky-week-main