Standards Australia Committee Appointments
Several IES members represent the IES on the lighting standard's working group committees.
For further information regarding the work the Society's involvement with the writing of Australian and New Zealand Standards, please contact the Board Member reporting on Standards, Mervin.vanDerLinde@iesanz.info
||Obtrusive Effects of Outdoor Lighting,
||Specification and Assessment of Lighting Performance
The above is a list of current Lighting related Standards working groups. For a complete list of associated standards and the latest issue download the PDF files provided on this page.
LED and Standards Australia
Standards Australia “has not established any specific manufacturing Standards for LED lights. Modules and units supplied with all types of LED lights used indoors and outdoors should be tested to meet IEC/EN/BS 62031 Ed 1.0, LED modules for general lighting – Safety specifications.”
Standards Australia Approved Projects:
- AS 4282 Control of the obtrusive effects of outdoor lighting Standard Revision LG-010 Project Setup
- AS/NZS 1158.1.1 Lighting for roads and public spaces Standard Revision LG-002 Project Setup
AS/NZS 1158.2 Lighting for roads and public spaces – Computer procedures for the calculation of light technical parameters for Category V and Category P lighting; Standard Revision LG-002 Project Setup.
AS/NZS 1158.3.2 Pedestrian Area (Category P) lighting – Guide to design, installation,
operation and maintenance, LG-002 JNT Drafting.
- AS/NZS 2293.1 Emergency Evacuation Lighting for Buildings. PART 1. INSTALLATION Standard Revision LG-007 Project Setup
AS/NZS 2293.2 Emergency Evacuation Lighting for Buildings. PART 2. MAINTENANCE Standard Revision LG-007 Project Setup
AS/NZS 2293.3 Emergency Evacuation Lighting for Buildings. PART 3. EMERGENCY LUMINAIRES AND EXIT SIGNS Standard Revision LG-007 Project Setup
Recently Published Australian Standards (14 October 2015)
AS/NZS 60598.2.3 Luminaires-Particular requirements—Luminaires for road and street lighting
AS/NZS TS 1158.6 Lighting for roads and public spaces Part 1.1: Vehicular traffic (Category V) lighting—Performance and design requirements
- AS/NZS 1158.1.1 Limits and methods of measurement of radio disturbance characteristics of electrical lighting and similar equipment.
- AS/NZS 1158.3.1 Lighting for roads and public spaces Part 3.1: Pedestrian area (Category P) lighting—Performance and design requirements.
- AS/NZS 60598.2.8 Luminaires - Particular requirements - Handlamps (based on IEC 60598-2-8 Ed 3.0 - 2013 with modifications)
Standards Australia: Sector Updates
Specifications for the chromaticity of SSL products ANSI_ANSLG C78.377-201
LED life claims head for stormy waters!